Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WEIGH-IN #2

Weight lost this week: 2.4 lbs
Total Weight lost: 8.8 lbs
Percentage of 122 lbs lost: 7.21%

So this week I started something new: Apple Cider Vinegar

It's actually not as bad as it sounds, and it only took me 2-3 days before I didn't have to make the sour-puss-face when I drank it, and one week in I almost enjoy it.  At least, I don't mind having to drink it.

WHY? Well, my roommate recommended it.  Then I did some research on the topic, and although some crazies people are near-religious about it, there seemed to be an overwhelming amount of GOOD it could/might/will do, and almost no drawbacks.  So, why not?

So, I got meself a bottle at Whole Foods (this brand) and committed to drinking it once a day, between my first and second meals.  It's mainly because 'they' recommend having it before meals, but I can't imagine THAT being the first thing I put in my mouth in the AM (that's what she said.)  I mix 2 tablespoons of ACV in 16 oz of cold brita-filtered water with a dash of wildflower honey.  The more honey you use, the better it tastes... but I didn't want to waste any more points on it than I had to!

So, it's supposed to 'cure' a lot of things, including acne and other minor things that I'm less concerned with than my weight, but mostly it's been gaining fame as an appetite suppressant and metabolism booster.  (FYI - they say the same things about Green Tea, which is why I drink a literal Metric Ass Ton of it daily... more on that in a later post.)

I've felt great the last few days - I don't know if it's the ACV or if it's just because I don't have as much crap going through me, but I like to think it's a little of both.  I know that it does SOMETHING in there because it makes me incredibly gassy (not in the ouch-i've-got-an-alien-inside-me but in the SBD-and-burps kind of way.)  And as long as we're being disgusting, I should also mention that I've been 'regular' for the last 4-5 days as well.  Again, who knows which of the life-changes I made is causing it that, but it's probably a team effort.  Either way, the ACV is inexpensive, easy, and I think it's working... so what the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment