Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm a Visual Person...

So I've been trying to figure out the best way to VISUALIZE my success.

Also, I'm a total math nerd, so I had to do it RIGHT - which is why it took me 2+ weeks to figure this out.

So, I'll be charting my success using Excel, and then generating a graph and posting it with each Weigh-In post from here on out.

I decided to chart the number of pounds that I have lost / have left to loose, mainly because I've been so pedantic about the whole 122 number... ;o) Also, it is a better visualization for me because the x-axis represents ZERO (as in "I have zero pounds left to loose") rather than my goal weight - which, theoretically, one could use to figure out my CURRENT (or, god forbid, beginning) weight, which is nunya bizness.

Next, I had to estimate the amount of time that this whole process might take.  And again, MATH NERD HERE, so I had to use some sort of science to come across that number.  SO... Weight Watchers claims that 'healthy weight loss' averages between 0.5 and 2 lbs per week.  If you average those two numbers, you get 1.25lbs/week.  Divide that into 122 lbs and bam-boom-plomp you get 97.6 weeks.  So I extrapolated the data out and set the graph to end on 11/12/13.

(I'm not even going to START with how excited I was to find out that my 'theoretical goal date was 11-12-13..)

So, there you go.  Like you cared.


No comments:

Post a Comment