Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chipotle! (or, advice that you shouldn't take quite yet.)

I've got a demon inside me.  And the demon's name is Chipotle.



Filled with dreams, indeed.

And the worst part about Chipotle? IT'S NOT THAT BAD FOR YOU! I mean, relatively speaking.  You can barely lump Chipotle and McDonalds into the same category.  Chipotle's food is fresh, (somewhat) organic/local, and they are very transparent about the nutritional value of their food.  Plus, you build your own meal, so you have THE POWER to have extra lettuce, hold the sour cream.

Or, at least that's what the evil, fat-girl part of my brain kept telling me two nights ago as I strolled into Chipotle's new location in NoHo.  Combine that with the fact that I had just left the gym for the first time since starting this new lifestyle, and BAM! Validation.  My brain suddenly could validate eating... wait for it... fast food.  And only three days in!

So what's a girl to do? Well, at that point I wasn't about to say no to Chipotle.  I could smell it, see it, even kind of taste it a little (you know what I'm talking about stop rolling your eyes.)  So, I tried to make the best of it.  I pulled out a Weight Watcherer's best friend, my iPhone, and quickly looked up the point values for Chipotle foods.  Thus informed, I was able to put together the following meal:

Kaz's "I'm Having a Weak Day" Chipotle Special:
Burrito Bowl (to go), with:
White rice (same point value for brown rice) - 3 points
Steak (again, chicken would have been the same points value) - 5 points
Tomato salsa, mild (wasn't sure, so I added 1 point for this) - 1 point
Corn (again, I was guessing) - 2 points
Cheese (makes the world go round) - 3 points
Lettuce (EXTRA!!!) - 0 points
Guacamole, on the side - 4 points

I skipped the sour cream and the chips, and when I got home I used my own fat-free sour cream and baked tortilla chips (I measured) and shaved 9 points off the meal!

So, the food from Chipotle was 18 points, and then I added in 3 for the baked chips and 1 for the fat-free sour cream, for a grand total of 22 points.

Now, that's kind of a lot.  And by kind of a lot, I mean that's over half of my daily point allowance.  And I get A LOT OF POINTS (because I weigh a lot right now.)  But I called it a victory.  Not only had I planned ahead before ordering, I had also made the decision to replace ingredients that I could with better options from home.  And I still haven't caved on the soda embargo.

And I finished the day only 2 points over target, which was fine because I hadn't used any of my extra-special-weekly-bonus points and I also refuse to ever 'cash in' any points I might 'earn' by exercising.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't had my second weigh in yet, so you really shouldn't take any of my advice until we see what that scale says on Tuesday.  To be safe, you might want to give it another week, actually.  Because I'm wingin' it here, and I'd hate to drag anyone down with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment