Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BACK ON TRACK

Weight lost this week: 7 lbs.
Total Weight lost: 24.0 lbs
Percentage of 122 lbs lost: 19.67%

Now, there we go.  I'm gonna go ahead and call last week's weigh-in a fluke.  Because I doubt I lost SEVEN WHOLE POUNDS in one week!

Going to a Weight Watchers meeting on Valentine's Day has to be one of the most pathetic things I've ever done, but who the fuck cares? I thought I'd be the only one there, but there were a lot of others that made it out, including a few couples.  As our leader put it, we decided to be our own Valentine's this year.

I feel great, honestly.  I ran for the train today at a full clip (just made it) and I was barely out of breath.  Two months ago I wouldn't have even bothered trying to make it, because I used to get winded half way up the stairs and I'd have to stop (it was so embarrassing, I used to pretend to be interested in something on my phone so it didn't look like I had to take a break halfway up the stairs).  But now, I can run a full city block and bound up three flights of stairs with (relative) ease! Also, I physically notice a difference.  My jeans are hanging off of me, I'm back to the same notch on my big-ass belt that I used five years ago, and I think I'm down a chin. 

But I also recognize that I'm only at my best when I'm being challenged, and I've gotten so comfortable with my new eating habits that I'm ready to look for the next step.  So, I'm going to start doing YOGA.  There's a place near my gym that has a 'basics' (or, beginner) class on Saturday and Sunday mornings and, as long as I get some cashmoney in the bank this week, I'll be there! $15/class sounds steep but if I like it I'm gonna get a package that makes it a little more affordable.

Work has slowed down again, which is good for me right now.  I don't loose weight as quickly when I'm working like a madman, and I needed a little break to regroup and to get back in fighting mode.  I leave for Dubai in two weeks and I'd love to be on a good winning streak when I leave, because I'm pretty sure that keeping up with Weight Watchers for 12 days overseas is going to be tough.

I've got a job interview tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed (I love the little moments where I pretend that anyone in the world reads this besides me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment